Friday, October 29, 2010

It's Just A Jump To The Left......

For me, Halloween is the official start of the holiday season. I absolutely love it! I trick or treated until I was 14 when the neighbors finally told me to give it up. I love to wear costumes and sacrifice a pumpkin for the sole purpose of making a really cool night light.

One of my favorite Halloween traditions is to watch The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I've seen it 127 times and have pretty much got the dialog down to an art!  Now while this isn't a scary movie (although I'm sure Susan Sarandon was terrified it would ruin her career), I thought it would be cool to list my top 10 scary movies of all time. I'm not into the blood and guts movies or teen slashers so much; I prefer a more subtle approach to fear.....

10. Psycho (duh...)
  9. The Exorcist (I saw this at a drive-in theater when it came out. I haven't eaten pea soup since.)
  8. The Omen (That kid was just downright creepy...)
  7. Seven (Gave me nightmares for about two weeks. Kevin Spacey redeems himself in The Usual  Suspects) 
  6. An American Werewolf In London (It's "fright light" but I just love it!)
  5. The Shining (Heeerrrrre's Johnny!)
  4. Halloween (Best movie scream)
  3. Jaws (Did for the beach what Psycho did for the shower...)
  2. Silence of the Lambs (Hollywood's most loveable villan, Hanibal Lector)
  1. The Rocky Horror Picture Show


Happy Halloween! Be safe and watch out for all the trick or treaters! I'll be sitting through my 128th viewing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show....except when I have to get up to do The Time Warp!


No comments:

Post a Comment