Friday, March 4, 2011

Glamper Girl

I pulled into my driveway yesterday and noticed it for the first time: the slight color of the first buds of spring on the trees. Spring in the Texas hill country has arrived! This time of year always motivates me to do two things: clean house top to bottom and go camping. Every year, I tell myself that this is the year that I will get rid of everything, buy an RV and become a gypsy but it never seems to happen. I'm just not ready to part with my shoe collection...

But until then, I still have Penelope - my homemade teardrop camper, circa 1994. Oh, how I have missed her! Neither one of us are big winter lovers so I always have to endure many months without her. (Although, I must confess that I will "play camper" in the backyard occasionally. Sometimes, it's fun to chill out in there and read a book.)

It's time to dust off the sleeping bags and air out the tents, campers and RVs! I've listed some cool finds to add to my camping "must haves," in addition to, of course, the WondaWedge.



Because I'm not tent camping, I'm not as limited to the amount of groovy gadgets I can take with me. I'm a Glamping Girl! Now, get out there and fun - they don't call it the "great" outdoors for nothing!


Campfire In A Can
There isn't a whole lot of room for interpretation here.
It's a fire. In a can.





The BoGo Light
The BoGo Light is a scientific, eco-friendly breakthrough that is making an impact worldwide. From Cairo to Cape Town, from the Caribbean to the Amazon, it is improving the lives of individuals, families, and entire villages by replacing costly kerosene, candles, and disposable battery flashlights with an affordable, long lasting, solar flashlight. BoGo means Buy one, Give one. They want their lights to benefit the less fortunate; therefore, with each light purchased in the developed world, a second identical light will be donated to an organization that will distribute it in the developing world.

And you thought you were just going camping.....


 Stainless Steel French Press
As much as I love coffee, there is no way I'm dragging along a propane powered or electric coffee pot. I'm a french press kind of gal and this stainless baby from Coleman is perfect! 







Biscuits On A Stick
What could be easier than starting a campfire, reaching into your box of camping equipment, pulling out Biscuits on a Stick, laying out some canned biscuits, wrapping the biscuits around your Biscuits on a Stick and watching the kids make their own breakfast? Enjoy your coffee or tea while someone else makes breakfast…even for you!! It’s as easy as 1,2,3! I can't WAIT for pizza on a stick.....




Stainless Wine Goblet
Sip your wine under the stars in style with this stainless wine goblet. No more broken wine glasses or plastic cups! Base snaps into rim for efficient packing and storing. Stable non-slip base. I don't even drink wine and I love this...




Mad Mat Outdoor Rug

This is one of my favorite things ever! I have two of them on my patio and when I'm ready to load up the camper, I just grab one and throw in the truck. They're made from recycled soda bottles, milk bottles, packing, etc and are combined with state of the art conditioners and U.V. inhibitors to produce soft, resilient colorfast threads. Great to have under your feet where ever you are.

















 These are just a few of my favorite things and I'm sure that as camping season gets under way, I'll find even more neat gadgets to enhance my glamping life. Let me know if you find something cool that I need to know about! Happy trails.....

No comments:

Post a Comment