Friday, May 7, 2010

R&R!



 Aahh... reading and relaxing. One of my favorite summer things. When I was a little girl, our public library provided a mobile library called the Bookmobile and it made a regular Saturday stop in my neighborhood.  I loved the way it smelled! The combination of all those books in such a small space with the air conditioning quietly humming along was an incredible comfort in the Louisiana south. I have always been an avid reader and I would chase the Bookmobile more often than I would chase the ice cream man. Or the mosquito truck.(Different story for a different day...)  For me, there were far more delights and mischief amongst those cool pages. Here, I discovered Laura Ingalls WilderTolkein and "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott (which I've read a hundred times) and Trixie Belden. It was where I fell in love with the wonderful poems of Shel Silverstein.  

Do you have a summer reading list? If so, share it with us! Here are a few on my list.
















If you never read her debut novel, The Glass Castle, DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment